Work at a Z office
Solving what matters for a moving world
This is our purpose. It guides both our actions and our behaviours, and reflects our commitment to do the right thing for Aotearoa New Zealand.
Z isn't just a fuel company, it's a Kiwi company with a distinct personality. One of things that makes us Z is our values, which include sharing everything and being straight up with our customers and our staff.
We want you to know everything you need in order to decide if we're the right match for both your head and your heart. Take a look at what we've got to offer.
Already know Z's the right fit for you? Apply today.
A strong work-life balance at Z
We're proud that our eNPS (employee engagement) score puts us in Peakon Employment Voice's Top 10%. We reckon it's the combination of the following that makes Z a successful and extraordinary place to work.
Our people are not only unique, we’re also in a bunch of different roles across Z. But our common denominator is that we’re all super passionate about what we do! We work hard to reach our goals, and we have fun along the way.
Let’s be straight up – money is important when you’re making a decision about where to work. At Z we believe in rewarding people for extraordinary performance, and this is reflected in our remuneration packages.
Our Crew Promise:
- enhanced employer contribution for KiwiSaver
- two days a year to do good in your hood, though our volunteering scheme
- a competitive annual incentive scheme *
- generous leave allowances including enhanced sick leave
- the option to buy additional annual leave
- 26 weeks topped up parental leave, a return to work payment and paid leave for non Primary Carers
- health insurance for you and your family *
- wellbeing partnerships and intiatives
- rewards for referring top talent
- costs covered for professional certification and study
- discounts with our local and national partners
* For Z permanent employees
We also have a range of perks that focus on other areas of your life we know are important – including family, lifestyle and wellness.
We’re really open in the way we work. So we have well-designed offices that make the most of informal areas like booths and couches. There's even an internal café area with Z Espress coffee on tap.
We believe in having the choice to work flexibly, so we have laptops to free you up and let you move around. We also have areas dedicated to wellbeing. We are extremely passionate about everything we do at Z and this starts with a few key areas that are really important to all of us – health, safety, security and environment (HSSE), sustainability and community.
Our employees think Z’s a great place to work too. In 2018 we got a Rainbow Tick and in 2020 we received the Gender Tick. Diversity and inclusion matters at Z.
We’re big on development here at Z, with a vision that our people’s work environment is more closely experienced as personal growth rather than ‘just work’. We've got dedicated leadership programmes at all levels across Z.
We provide support to help you go after what matters to you. When we talk about leadership, we don’t mean, “Are you in a leadership role?” We mean, do you make things happen? Act as one team? Inspire others? If yes, then Z may be just the place for you.
A company needs to have values it's prepared to stand by. Our values are the soul of our company and what make us so very Z!
Tū Kaha | Stand Out
We believe we can build a better business and a better world.
Tū Māia | Speak Up
We believe extraordinary outcomes are fuelled by active participation and dialogue.
Tū Kotahi | Side by Side
We believe learning and growing together delivers unlimited potential.
At Z, we focus on achieving outcomes by setting the appropriate context, rather than trying to control people. We believe in 'why' versus 'way'. The Z Why is our context – our fundamental purpose, our ambition, our values, our ways of working, our commitment to customers and workplace safety and wellbeing, our strategic choices and so on.
In choosing to work for Z, you commit to the Z Why.
Read Our Why (PDF 7MB)
Our commitment to you
Here are a few things we commit to when you embark on the Z journey:
- We promise you will have absolute clarity on our goals and what matters to us, enabling and rewarding you to deliver an extraordinary result.
- We promise to stay true to the Z Why and will support you in doing the same, while backing you to succeed in all areas of your life.
- We promise tailored learning opportunities, supported through manager coaching and delivered by a variety of experiences, people and programmes.
- We promise that work will not always feel like work, by providing challenging opportunities and an environment full of passionate people who have fun along the way.
The recruitment process
Thinking about working with us? Great! Our recruitment process may vary slightly from role to role but here's a general idea of what to expect:
- We'll advertise current positions here and on LinkedIn. If we don't have anything available, you can set up an alert to notify you when we do.
- You'll submit your CV or fill out an online form on our current positions page.
- We'll review your CV and let you know if we'd like to meet you. If we don't think you're quite right for the role, we are happy to keep your information on file in case another amazing opportunity opens up.
- We'll meet you – this could take the form of a coffee chat or an interview. We'll let you know in advance what you can expect from this meeting.
- You might be invited to take some ability or psychometric tests. We'll also meet you again for a second interview.
- We'll make sure that you're okay for us to contact your references and we'll make any other checks we need to.
- Once we've made a decision, we'll let you know if you've been successful and give you detailed feedback either way. Good luck!
Check out our vacancies and apply today.