1. This Z Manu World Champs Social Media promotion (the “Promotion”) is offered by Z Energy (Z Energy 2015 Limited) of 3 Queens Wharf, Wellington, New Zealand (the “Promoter”).
2. The Promotion is open to New Zealand residents only. To be eligible for the Promotion, participants must be at least 10 years old (anybody born 10 March 2014 or later is under the minimum age). Employees of the Promoter, its related companies, employees of Z service stations, and their immediate families, are not eligible to participate at any time. “Immediate families” means the husband, wife, spouse, parent, siblings, and children (including stepparent, sibling and children). The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of an entrant's eligibility if there is a doubt over their eligibility for the Promotion.
3. The Promotion Period will be from 9.00am on Monday, 18 December 2023 until 11.59pm on Sunday, 9 March 2024 (Promotion Period). To enter this Promotion, the participant will need to:
a. Share a video of the participant's Manu on Instagram or TikTok, tag @zenergynz and include the hashtag #zmanuwildcards; or
b. Comment the participant’s video of their Manu on the Z Manu Competition Post that will be posted on Z Energy’s Facebook page.
4. Including the eligibility requirements above at clause 2 and 3:
a. The social media profile (either Facebook, Instagram or TikTok) that the participant uses to enter the Promotion must be public (which can be adjusted in the participant’s privacy settings);
b. If the participant is under 13 years of age, and therefore cannot use Facebook, Instagram or TikTok under each respective social network’s Terms of Service, the participant’s parent or guardian may use their social media account on the participant's behalf to enter the Promotion;
c. If the participant is under 16 years of age, the participant will have these Terms and Conditions viewed and agreed upon by the participant’s legal guardian. By entering the Promotion, the participant’s legal guardian consents for the participant to enter the Promotion;
d. A participant must submit a video of their Manu in the means set out above at clause 3 between 9.00am on Monday, 18 December 2023 and 11.59pm on Sunday, 14 January 2024 (Entry Period) to enter the Promotion; and
e. Each participant can only enter the Promotion once during the Entry Period (regardless of the social media platform the participant enters the Promotion on). If a participant attempts to enter the Promotion multiple times, the Promotor will take the participant’s first entry into the Promotion as the only entry into the Promotion.
5. Every participant acknowledges and agrees that by entering the Promotion, they are available to participate in the Z Manu World Champs Grand Final in Auckland, New Zealand, on Saturday, 9 March 2024.
6. Each participant’s Manu must be performed safely. Participants will be disqualified from entry into the Promotion if the participant’s Manu includes run ups, props (including bottles and balls), or dress up costumes. Any unsafe Manu practices (for example, doing a Manu from a significant height into shallow water) will disqualify the participant from entering the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any participant, in its sole and absolute discretion, from the Promotion for any untoward, offensive, aggressive, unsafe, or illegal behaviour in relation to the Promotion, including in video content as well as communication on the social media platforms in connection with the Promotion.
7. After the Entry Period has ended, the Promotor (and organisations related to the Z Manu World Champs such as Quantum Events Limited) will determine a maximum of the top 20 entries (The Top 20). Determination of which participant will qualify in The Top 20 will include consideration of safety, style of Manu, extent of splash, and the family-friendly nature of the Promotion. If there are less than 20 entries into the Promotion by the end of the Entry Period, the Promoter may, at its sole and absolute discretion, extend the Entry Period by a maximum of seven days (Extended Entry Period). For clarity, if there are less than 20 entries into the Promotion by the end of either the Entry Period or the Extended Entry Period, subject to eligibility requirements and clause 6, all entries will qualify for the Showdowns.
8. The Top 20 will go to public vote to determine up to 10 winners (each a Showdown), one Showdown each day starting from 9.00am on Friday, 26 January 2024, who will qualify for the Prize (each a Prize Winner). The public vote process is:
a. Two of the Top 20 entry videos will be randomly selected to go head-to-head across Facebook, Instagram and TikTok;
b. The public will vote on which participant’s video should be a Prize Winner across Facebook, Instagram and TikTok;
c. The Prize Winner will be the participant with the most votes across Facebook, Instagram and TikTok by the end of the day for which it was posted.
9. At the absolute discretion of the Promoter (and organisations related to the Z Manu World Champs such as Quantum Events Limited), the Promoter may elect to select a participant who qualifies for the Showdowns to be a Prize Winner without undertaking the Showdown public vote process.
10. There are 10 prizes to be won (each a Prize or collectively the Prizes). Each Prize consists of:
a. Qualified entry into the Z Manu World Champs Grand Final in Auckland, New Zealand, on Saturday, 9 March 2024;
b. Financial assistance up to $650 in transporting the participant to Auckland, New Zealand;
c. Financial assistance of $250 to contribute towards any expenses of the participant’s during their time in Auckland;
d. Two nights’ accommodation in Auckland for the participant; and
e. Transport to/from the accommodation to the Z Manu World Champs venue for the participant, if required.
11. If the Prize Winner is 17 years of age or under, the Prize Winner must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Z will cover the cost of transporting the parent or guardian accompanying the Prize Winner to Auckland, New Zealand.
12. The Prize Winner is responsible for paying all additional costs associated with the Prize that are not specifically included, including spending money, insurance, and all other incidentals.
13. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to notify Prize Winners that they have won a Prize (using the social media account that the Prize Winner utilized to enter the Promotion) and to confirm the collection and organization of the Prize.
14. If for any reason the Promoter has tried but failed to make contact with a Prize Winner within 5 business days of the determination of the relevant Prize Winner, the Promoter may, at its discretion:
a. Deem that the Prize Winner to have forfeited their right to the Prize; and
b. The other participant in the Showdown with the Prize Winner will be the new Prize Winner and would therefore be eligible for a Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
15. Entrants are identified by the relevant social media user profile used to submit the entry (unless a legal guardian has submitted a participant’s entry on their behalf). Any Prize won by drawing a winner whose entry was received by social media will be awarded to the holder of the relevant social media profile from which entry was submitted. The Promoter takes no responsibility for disputes arising as a result of entries submitted by entrants using a social media profile belonging to any other person.
16. The Prize is not exchangeable, changeable, or redeemable for cash.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is offensive, defamatory or otherwise inappropriate, or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
18. The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late or illegible entries, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access telecommunications network services, or any other error or malfunction.
19. The Prize winner may be publicly announced by the Promoter. By entering the Promotion, you consent, if you win, to the Promoter using your name and the entry video for the purposes of promotion, marketing, and publicity in any and all media, worldwide, for an unlimited period, without additional notification, permission, fee or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
20. Entrants acknowledge that the promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or TikTok and that Facebook, Instagram and TikTok has no liability to entrants in relation to the promotion. Entrants agree to fully release Facebook, Instagram and TikTok from all liability in relation to their participation in this promotion.
21. The Promoter’s decision on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend, or supplement these Terms and Conditions from time to time in their absolute discretion.
23. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
24. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter and its related companies exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s and/or its related companies’ control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected; (d) any variation in the Prize; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant; or (f) use of a Prize.
26. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
27. Any questions relating to this Promotion should be referred to send us a private message on social media.
28. Information on how to enter the Promotion and the Prizes forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
29. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of the Z Manu World Champs Terms and Conditions and Waiver, which can be found here.
30. These Terms and Conditions are governed by New Zealand law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.