Pie Month - Be in to win a Slice of $50,000
By participating in this promotion, you accept these Terms and Conditions.
- The promotion is only open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over. Employees of Z Energy Ltd (the “Promoter”), and their immediate families, as well as the owners, managers, and staff of each Z station and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
- Entries into the promotion open at 12.01am on 31 July 2023 and close at 11.59pm on 27 August 2023 (the “Promotional Period”).
- To enter the promotion, simply purchase any Limited Edition Pie product (excluding Standard Gourmet and Classic Pies) (‘Participating Product’) at participating Z stations (which ate those sites that sell Z Espress food) during the relevant Promotional Period, and scan either your Z App, your Rewards card (Flybuys or Airpoints™) or your Z Business fuel card at the checkout to go into the draw to win a share of $50,000. An additional bonus entry can be made by purchasing any size Z Hot Drink within the same eligible transaction of purchasing your Limited Edition pie.
- A Limited Edition pie consists of the following pies during Pie Month 2023:
- Vegan Mince & Cheese
- Cornish Pasty
- BBQ Pulled Pork
- Lamb & Mint
- Chicken, Leek & Mushroom
- Each item purchased gives you one entry into the random draw when you scan either your Z app, your Rewards card (Flybuys or Airpoints™) or your Z Business fuel card at the checkout instore at a Z station during the Promotional Period.
- There are 8 cash prizes (“Prize”) of $6,250 to be won and 2 winners are to be drawn weekly. Limit of 1 Prize per person.
- The Prizes are not transferable or changeable.
Two winners will be selected for each week during the Promotional Period and notified no later than the following Thursday. The Prizes will be awarded to the first two valid entries randomly drawn from all entries received during each week of the Promotional Period.
The Prize draw will take place at the offices of Z Energy Limited (‘Promoter’), which has its registered office at 3 Queens Wharf, Wellington.
- The promotional weeks are as follows, with the allocated dates when the winner will be notified by:
- Week 1: Monday 31st July 2023 – Sunday 6th August 2023. 2 winners contacted by Thursday 10th August 2023.
- Week 2: Monday 7th August 2023 – Sunday 13th August 2023. 2 winners contacted by Thursday 17th August 2023.
- Week 3: Monday 14th August 2023 – Sunday 20th August 2023. 2 winners contacted by Thursday 24th August 2023.
- Week 4: Monday 21st August 2023 – Sunday 27th August 2023. 2 winners contacted by Thursday 31st August 2023.
- The winners will be contacted by phone or email using the contact details associated with either their Z App, registered Flybuys or Airpoints™ card, or an active Z Business account.
- In the event that (a) an ineligible entry is drawn (for example if the entrant is not a New Zealand resident or is not aged 18 years or over), or (b) a winner has already been selected to win another Prize, or (c) the Promoter is unable to contact a winner within 7 days of the prize draw, having made reasonable attempts to do so, the Promoter may deem that winner’s entry invalid and select a new winner on the same terms as the original Prize draw.
- The winners will be deemed to be the registered owners of the Z App, Flybuys card, Airpoints™ card, Z Business fuel card, associated with each winning entry. The Promoter, and any other agencies associated with this promotion are not responsible in any way for disputes arising as a result of entries being submitted by persons other than the registered owners of the Z App, Flybuys card, Airpoints™ card, Z Business fuel card, used to complete the winning entry.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter, and the Z stations (and its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies), exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected; (d) any variation in the Prize; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant; or (f) use of a Prize.
- Neither the Promoter nor any other entity associated with this promotion will be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly submitted entries, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems or human error. Entries are deemed to be made at the time they are received by the Promoter, not the time they are submitted by the entrant.
- The Promoter’s decision is final on all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (a) disqualify any entrant; or (b) modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion or these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter’s discretion will be exercised subject to any written directions from any regulatory authority. Any cancellation or modification to the promotion or these Terms and Conditions will be notified on the Z Energy website.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of the winner’s entry and disqualify any entry or refuse to award a Prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent, dishonest or disruptive manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the promotion.
The winners acknowledge and agree that they will comply with all instructions given by employees and agents of the Promoter and other agencies associated with this promotion and agree not to do anything that may bring the Promoter into disrepute.
To facilitate selection and notification of prize winners, Flybuys and Airpoints™ members who enter the promotion by scanning their Flybuys or Airpoints™ card respectively authorise Loyalty New Zealand Limited (which runs the Flybuys programme) or Air NZ (which runs the Airpoints™ programme) to provide the Promoter, or any of its agents with their necessary transaction details, their name and contact details (including postal address, email address and phone number).
- The Promoter is Z Energy NZ Ltd, 3 Queens Wharf, Wellington, New Zealand. For further information call 0800 474 355.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by New Zealand law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.